Join the Loading Dock Gallery
- Complete and submit form to express interest in joining the gallery either online from this page or by paper copy available in the gallery
- One of our membership committee will contact you via email to set up a time for you to come in and discuss membership with our Membership Review Committee
- This meeting will last no longer than 90 minutes and is for us to exchange and clarify expectations
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
The Loading Dock Gallery is a marketing tool for its members. The gallery allows visitors to see and purchase a sampling of the work of its members before exploring the Studios, or when the Studios are not open to the public. Gallery volunteers can provide visitors with member’s contact information and facilitate meetings between artists and visitors. The gallery has an active program to promote the gallery and the work of its members through press releases, postcard distribution, events open to the public, newsletters and so on. The gallery is continually looking for new ways to promote the work of members.
The gallery offers members many learning opportunities. For members who have not previously worked with a gallery The Loading Dock Gallery offers members the opportunity to learn how to work within a gallery structure and how to display and price their art. Members informally assist each other with all aspects of sales and marketing. Gallery membership also provides artists with the opportunity to become part of the active community at Western Ave.
The Loading Dock Gallery is an exhibit venue for its members. The 1400 square foot curated Main Gallery changes members work every 12 weeks and makes every member’s work accessible to the public on a regular basis. In addition to work displayed on the walls and pedestals, members may offer matted and bagged work in bins and small sculptural and functional items that are arranged in curated display areas. Many members see the Main Gallery as an opportunity to offer a sampling of work that is available in their studios. Roughly 75% of the gallery sales are made at times other than during First Saturday Open Studios.
The front Showcase Gallery is a rotating gallery that provides 8, month-long show opportunities featuring the work of small groups of artists and 2-3 themed exhibits each year.
- Work represented in the Main gallery and in the bin art area if desired
- Listing on the LDG web site including photos and artist statement
- Eligible for small group shows in the Showcase Gallery, as well as any all member shows; pay a reduced member rate for entry to LDG juried shows
- Gallery handles all sales tax payments
- Eligible to vote on gallery matters
- $90 per quarter dues; $100 one-time buy-in fee
- 15% of retail sales dollars retained by the gallery
- Credit card fees (if any)
- Full Members are responsible for running the gallery efficiently and effectively. To do this it has been determined that each Full Member must work approximately 7 hours a month on gallery business. You can fulfill that commitment by gallery sitting or a combination of gallery sitting and committee work.
- You are required to keep track of your time spent on gallery matters and report them via the LDG website. The calendar and time-tracking will be monitored with membership level and dues adjusted accordingly.
- Provide new work at every full gallery change-out, generally every three months
Post from RICOH THETA. - Spherical Image - RICOH THETA
Place your cursor on the image and use your mouse to move it around